Women in the Wind
• Have available to ride any make or model motorcycle
• Have a valid and lawful motorcycle riding endorsement or permit
• Possess proof of insurance as required by Indiana law
• Attend two club meetings and ride with our group on two rides
• Print and fill out the membership aplication
• pay annual dues for both the Women in the Wind International and our chapter.
• Invited to attend U.S. international, regional events and the annual Canadian Rally
• Be eligible to participate in the annual safe mileage riding contest and receive mileage pin/rockers
• WITW ride awards for visiting state parks, 2day1K rides and annual riding contests
• Receive National "Shootin' the Breeze" newsletter
• WITW Nat'l private group Facebook page
• WITW the Hoosierettes Chapter members only Facebook page
• Member bio page on our website
• Help out local charities and causes
• Learn or refresh your motorcycle safety
• Receive small WITW patch
• Purchase and wear awesome WITW logo gear!
• Voting rights and opportunities to run for local or international office
• Membership card, 5 & 10 year membership pins
• Meet new friends who ride
Come ride with us! We want to help the brand new female rider, and the experienced rider improve their skills on two wheels. The founding members organized the group to participate in “FUN” riding for women that can have fun joking with each other and being able to ride at a much more relaxed and enjoyable pace.
We are a chapter of Women in the Wind International, Inc which is recognized as the largest women's motorcycle organization with over 1500 members, 128 chapters in 9 countries (as of 2019). When you join us you become a member of an international sisterhood. We have chapters located in Australia, Canada, Ireland, Nepal, New Zealand, Portugal, the United Kingdom and the United States. To become a member you must own or operate a motorcycle and have a valid motorcycle license or permit. WITW the Hoosierettes chapter does not have any mandatory member rides .
We do ask that all potential new members attend two of our meetings and ride with our group on two rides before they submit their application to join. This gives you the opportunity to check us out, see if we do the kind of riding that you want and if you want to join of our chapter. For information about the chapter please contact us at