• Have available to ride any make or model motorcycle
• Have a valid and lawful motorcycle riding endorsement or permit
• Possess proof of insurance as required by Indiana law
• Attend two club meetings and ride with our group on two rides
• Print and fill out the membership aplication
• pay annual dues for both the Women in the Wind International and our chapter.
• Invited to attend WITW summer and winter international meetings
• Invited to attend WITW regional events and annual Canadian Rally
• Be eligible to participate in the annual safe mileage riding contest and receive mileage pins/rockers
• WITW ride awards for 1K 2 Day - I Did It My Way!, National Parks Patch, ABCs of Touring
• 5 & 10 year membership pins
• Receive National "Shootin' the Breeze" newsletter
• WITW International private group Facebook page
• WITW Hoosierettes Chapter members only Facebook page
• Member bio page on our website
• Learn or refresh your motorcycle safety Purchase and wear awesome WITW logo gear!
• You'll have voting rights and opportunities to run for local or national office
• WITW patch
• Membership card
• Help out local charities and causes
• Meet new friends who ride
Women in the Wind
the Hoosierettes Chapter
Come ride with us! We want to help the brand new female rider, and the experienced rider improve their skills on two wheels. The founding members organized the group to participate in “FUN” riding for women that can have fun joking with each other and being able to ride at a much more relaxed and enjoyable pace.
We are a chapter of the international Women in the Wind International, Inc. When you join us you become a member of an international sisterhood. There are 125 Women In The Wind chapters (as of October 2018) located in Australia, Canada, Ireland, Nepal, New Zealand, Portugal, the United Kingdom and the United States. To become a member you must own or operate a motorcycle and have a valid motorcycle license or permit. WITW the Hoosierettes chapter does not have any mandatory member rides .
We do ask that all potential new members attend two of our meetings and ride with our group on two rides before they submit their application to join. This gives you the opportunity to check us out, see if we do the kind of riding that you want and if you want to join of our chapter. For information about the chapter please contact our Secretary at