Women in the Wind
the Hoosierettes Chapter
• Have available to ride any make or model motorcycle
• Have a valid and lawful motorcycle riding endorsement or permit
• Possess proof of insurance as required by Indiana law
• Attend two club meetings and ride with our group on two rides
• Print and fill out the membership aplication
• pay annual dues (currently $25) for both the National Women in the Wind organization and our chapter.
• Invited to attend the summer and winter international meetings
• Be eligible to participate in the annual safe mileage riding contest and receive mileage pins/rockers
• Receive National "Shootin' the Breeze" newsletter
• Receive chapter newsletter
• WITW Nat'l private group facebook page
• WITW the Hoosierettes Chapter members only facebook page
• Member bio page on our website
• Help out local charities and causes
• Learn or refresh your motorcycle safety Purchase and wear awesome WITW logo gear!
• You'll have voting rights and opportunities to run for local or national office
• 5 year membership pins
• Membership card
• Meet new friends who ride
Come ride with us! We want to help the brand new female rider, and the experienced rider improve their skills on two wheels. The founding members tried to organize the group to participate in “FUN” riding for women that can have fun joking with each other and being able to ride at a much more relaxed and enjoyable pace.
To join our chapter you must also join the National Women in the Wind organization. Women in the Wind International, Inc. has over 1200 members in the U.S., Canada, Great Britain, Australia and Portugal. The total yearly dues for both memberships is $25.00 (prorated throughout the year). To become a member you must own or operate a motorcycle and have a valid motorcycle license or permit. WITW the Hoosierettes chapter does not have any mandatory member rides .
We do ask that all potential new members attend two of our meetings and ride with our group on two rides before they submit their application to join. This gives you the opportunity to check us out, see if we do the kind of riding that you want and if you want to join of our chapter. For information about the chapter please contact our Secretary at